Tuesday, August 10, 2010

the snake handler

The other day I was walking from home to the studio with my wife and our son, when we noticed a Gypsy guy walking around carrying an ironing board ... a minute later he stopped to take a piss, I couldn't resist taking that shot.

We kept walking, and I noticed him across the street out of the corner of my eye. I took a picture, and then I asked him if I could take a picture of him ... he said 'NO NO' and kept walking.

A few seconds later he turned around and said "Take a picture of this ..." - he took an old photograph of himself holding a big snake out of his back pocket. It was all crumpled.

The whole thing was really odd - this guy has been carrying around a photo of himself in what seems like his peak. And that peak was him holding a big snake, SHIT MAN!
Another thing is that we walk that 10 minute stretch of road every day ,and there is always so much to shoot. My point being, there is no need to chase after images, when you stop looking they'll come to you.